Message From The Librarian

Welcome Forums Academy of Eblana forum Message From The Librarian

This topic contains 17 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Contessa 3 weeks, 1 day ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

Contessa
    Participant

Fellow Academy Graduates and Undergraduates,

Thanks to our hosts at Karashima, the Academy has come into the posession of several Tomes, scribed by a number of Sages.

These books provide a great resource for those who don’t know much about History, Geography, Religion, Trade or Magic, but are no substitute for attending lectures and learning the teachings of the Masters.

As they may be a great aid in your research, let us know and we will personally hand the books over to you, but will expect them back at the next event.

Two forms of identification will be required to register (Larten, you must wear your hat).

There are five Books, one for each lore mentioned above.

Due to grubby paws and seriously bad penmanship, these books cannot be copied exactly.

Failure to return books will involve vengence of the pettiest kind imaginable.

The Librarian will decide who gets the book for the specified lending period and is responsible for chasing down any late returns, no matter where the miscreants run to and hide.

hereby scribed by Lady Contessa Sterling, this day, post event 13.

Master Monty! We’ve declared ourself the Librarian and are therefore unable to teach any classes this downtime as we’re too busy learning how to make a bookcase to the standard we require. We promise to have a better excuse after event 14!

Barcoe
    Participant

Lady Contessa,

If one were to be interested in the book of Religion, what identification would be necessary?
    Is a garish wardrobe and a brown face stripe sufficient?

Do you require to know what anyone who wishes to borrow any of the books intends to use them for?

Barnaby.

Contessa
    Participant

Barnaby,

Garish wardrobe will do for you, although you could bring your armour as a backup (we’ve heard that you’ve been misidentified as an enemy once before.

There is no need to tell us what you want the books for, as long as no other graduate requests the same book, before we sign it out.

A really killer story or hook would please us, but we understand that there are many reasons to keep one’s intended research private.

Scribed today, LCS.

Master Monty, we’re doing a really good job and it’s important!

william
    Participant

I could make use of the geography one if others arent in need of it.

Olin.

Contessa
    Participant

Noted, Olin.

Master Monty, I thought this would take longer!

Cian
    Participant

Contessa,
    I feel as if all discussions lead back to this but perhaps you could comission one of the many craftsmen who have recently moved to New Eblana many of them are seeking employment and this could be a good chance for the Academy and it’s graduates to provide work for some of those our actions have displaces.
    -Rodger

Allan
    Participant

Contessa,

This One would like it to be known to the Academy that he is making some use of the Tome of Magic Lore in His Studies. This One would also see some of our local woodworkers and carpenters working to this end.

Love and Honour,
    Oda.

Contessa
    Participant

You guys are ruining my lovely excuse.

Fine! I’ll talk to Master Darius about finding someone to make a shelf for those days where the books are not on loan.

But I’ll be grumpy for days.

Cian
    Participant

Contessa,
    You could always “supervise” the construction to learn about the craft.
    I’m sure I can also recommend some people from the Haven to do the work who would be more than happy to show you.
    -Rodger

Contessa
    Participant

Thank you, Rodger. We’re grateful for your help.

LCS

Contessa
    Participant

The tomes of trade and history have yet to be checked out, although they may be needed by those on a super secret mission and that had priority.

SeamasMacL
    Participant

To the most esteemed Lady Contessa Sterling, Librarian,

This one thanks you for the work you have done in making these books available to all graduates. Might he borrow the tome of history over winter, if it pleases you?
    However, this one must also beg your forgiveness, for he is not certain what you require for identification and must meekly ask for clarification. This one often wears a red scarf and light brown sash – is that acceptable?

With respect,
    Kiato of House Hearth-Home, Clan Hospitality

Contessa
    Participant

Dear Kiato,

Your name is not in our book, so we don’t believe that we have met.

Luckily, we are availing of hospitality in Karashima this winter and can remedy this.

We will ask Motsu to provide witness when we deliver the tome and then maybe tea?

Or gin?

Kindest regards,

Lady Contessa Sterling.

• This reply was modified 8 months, 3 weeks ago by  Contessa.

Contessa
    Participant

***the transfer list goes Kerrigan, then Kinnith.

This has been complicated***

***this is now sorted out.***

• This reply was modified 8 months, 3 weeks ago by  Contessa.

SeamasMacL
    Participant

Lady Contessa Sterling,

This one believes we saw each other in Karashima, but to his shame we were never properly introduced. This one would be honoured to take tea with you and Motsu in the wonder that is the houses of House of Ten Thousand Smiles. This one could never praise the hospitality of the House of Ten Thousand Smiles enough, and looks forward to meeting you there.

With thanks,
    Kiato, of House Hearth-Home, Clan Hospitality

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.