Keys to the Library of Artaka

Welcome Forums Academy of Eblana forum Keys to the Library of Artaka

This topic contains 12 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  SeamasMacL 9 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Sean
    Participant

Following our mission in Karashima, I have accounted for most of the keys, one has been assigned, and the other two have been requested, but I have lost track of one after it had been requested in Doomsprechen, if the graduate who bears it would contact me so that others may access the library for their own research, that would be appreciated. Those keys are not to be hoarded by any graduate, any who do so may find themselves rejected in future requests for access.

Larten Lathairen,
    Loremaster,
    Ex-Protagonist.

Bethy
    Participant

While I can’t assist on the location of said key, if it were to be found I would respectfully request the use of it. Little is yet known about the sovereign, and given the number of graduates affected, its rather urgent that research is done to prevent as many unforseen “surprises” as possible going forward.

Respectfully,

Nicci of Deep Etris

SeamasMacL
    Participant

This one had requested a key to research a topic mentioned in the letters that Olin unearthed. He wishes in particular to study the astrography dial used to direct a Sidhe power source which was hidden in Etris long ago. This one is certain that Nicci’s research is important and submits himself to Larten’s judgement as to who should receive the keys.

With respect,
    Kiato of House Hearth-Home, Clan Hospitality

Feargal
    Participant

I should warn Nicci that there was little about the Sidhe in the library perhaps the Elves wanted to keep it at arms length or vague enough tomprevent a panic or any delusions of joiningbthem aprouting.

To use the Library you should always have a clear goal in mind, often times it is best used with a particularly strong skillset.

Merely some pointers and to askmif it was my brother Eager who has the other key?

Bethy
    Participant

Thank you very much for the pointers! I believe I have the requisite skillset, however given your own experience of attempting to find information on them in the library, if the key is located and another’s research is more pressing I would of course be willing to stand aside.

My thanks

Brian
    Participant

Yes, I have the other key and most useful it proved too!
    Quite happy to pass it on to whoever it is decided it is going to next.

Eager.

SeamasMacL
    Participant

This one has reread Olin’s letters and has realised what should perhaps have been clear to him from the beginning. The studies of the dial were hidden along with its fragments. As such, and bearing in mind the experience of Sir Valiant, it seems exceedingly unlikely that this one will find anything on the topic in the library. This one must give the matter some consideration, but he believes he will be withdrawing his request for a key.

May you never be without shelter,

• This reply was modified 10 months, 2 weeks ago by  SeamasMacL.

Sean
    Participant

Eager’s key is the one I had taken into account. The key beyond that is still missing. I had intended to have Eager’s key passed onto Kiato, but if you believe your research will bear no fruit within the Library, then that is your choice. Though I will suggest that it may be an ideal place to learn of this 33rd legion.

Larten Lathairen,
    Loremaster,
    Ex-Protagonist.

sares
    Participant

The literary style of the letters discovered by Olin suggests Late Empire. Or at least not Alliance / Early Empire, which is fortunate, because the Library is weak on early sources. If the letters are from sufficiently Late then oral tradition or even living memory might also provide information – in which case we might not need to use the Library.

Callon

Feargal
    Participant

Who are the last three you recall having keys Larten? Take it from there.
    -V

Sean
    Participant

I know where two of the keys are, I remember Valentinian having one, and apparently he gave it to Drana, where it went from there, I don’t recall, I might have written it down somewhere, I’ll need to re-check my notes.

Feargal
    Participant

There is however the fact that I am not marked by a Sidhe, Kiato (apologies for my delay) Nicci may find something that resonates with her in the library in a way that would not with me.

-V

SeamasMacL
    Participant

To the most learned Larten,

Apologies, in this one’s foolishness, he never formally rescinded his request for a key. With winter drawing in this one wishes to clearly state that he believes Nicci of Deep Etris should be given preference for the key over himself. He begs your forgiveness.

May the hearth warm you in the cold months ahead.

Humbly,

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.